The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics organises a world congress bi-annually. The international gathering attracts a large numbers of experts and professionals in the field of professional and technical education and training from all continents.
The 2018 World Congress will be held in Melbourne, Australia from October 8-10, focussed on Preparing for the Skills Future, Now. The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics will explore new challenges in vocational and professional education and training arising from advances in technologies and automation and the impact on work, societies and peoples who may be displaced due to changing economic and global circumstances.
Hosted by Australian TAFEs, the Congress brings together community colleges and polytechnics from around the world and experts in professional and vocational education and training.
The previous World Congresses and the host organizations are:
- 2016 World Congress: Vitória, Brazil (Conselho Nacional das Instituições da Rede Federal de Educação Profissional, Científica e Tecnológica (Conif))
- 2014 World Congress: Beijing, China (China Education International Exchange Association (CEAIE))
- 2012 World Congress: Halifax, Canada (CICan)
- 2010 World Congress: Birmingham, UK (Association of Colleges (AoC))
- 2008 World Congress: New York City, USA (American Association of Community Colleges (AACC))
- 2005 World Congress: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 2003 World Congress: Melbourne, Australia (TAFE Directors Australia (TDA))
- 1999 World Congress: Québec, Canada (Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) [formerly Association of Canadian Community Colleges]