The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics organizes a World Congress every 1-2 years. The international gathering attracts 1000+ experts and professionals in the field of professional technical education and training from all continents.
The WFCP 2023 Congress was held in Montréal, Canada, from April 23– 25, 2023.
Hosted by Colleges and Institutes Canada, the Congress’ theme of ‘Collective Intelligence’ resonated with the amazing host city, Montreal (Quebec), renowned as a hub of cultural, environmental, social and artificial intelligence! A UNESCO City of Design, Montreal seduces visitors with a harmonious pairing of the historic and the new and is recognized as a world leader in such industries as aeronautics, information technology and biotechnology.
Learn about our previous World Congresses and their host organizations:
- 2022 World Congress: Donostia-San Sebastián, the Basque Country, Spain (Tknika)
- 2018 World Congress: Melbourne, Australia (Technical and Further Education (TAFE) Directors Australia)
- 2016 World Congress: Vitória, Brazil (Conselho Nacional das Instituições da Rede Federal de Educação Profissional, Científica e Tecnológica (Conif))
- 2014 World Congress: Beijing, China (China Education International Exchange Association (CEAIE))
- 2012 World Congress: Halifax, Canada (CICan)
- 2010 World Congress: Birmingham, UK (Association of Colleges (AoC))
- 2008 World Congress: New York City, USA (American Association of Community Colleges (AACC))
- 2005 World Congress: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 2002 World Congress: Melbourne, Australia (TAFE Directors Australia (TDA))
- 1999 World Congress: Québec, Canada (Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) [formerly Association of Canadian Community Colleges]