THE 2020 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE CEREMONY WILL BE HOSTED ONLINE
The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics is pleased to announce the 2020 finalists of the 2020 Awards of Excellence. There has been a high interest in the 2020 Awards, with 113 nominations received.
Nominees came from across the world, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Fiji, Kenya, Spain, the United Arabic Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. The 2020 submissions demonstrated the innovation, dedication, and spirit of the individuals and institutions in the professional and technical education and training sector.
Recipients will be announced at an online ceremony held on November 27, 2020, from 1 to 2:30 a.m. (EST). Registration for the ceremony is free but mandatory. The recording of the ceremony will be available on the WFCP website shortly after the ceremony finishes – register to receive a link to the recording.
The recipients of the 2020 Awards will also be featured in the third volume of the WFCP publication, World’s Best Practice Guide in Professional and Technical Education and Training.
The WFCP Awards of Excellence are awarded in eight categories. Awards are recognized at three levels: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. At the November 27th virtual ceremony, finalists will learn if they have won Gold, Silver or Bronze in their respective categories. The awards will be sent to the finalists by mail.
The Chair of the WFCP and the Board of Directors thank the international Awards Committee: Jen Bahen (Australia), Dawn Ward (the UK), Xueseong Shen (China), and Inge Gorostiaga (the Basque Country). They were dedicated and worked tirelessly in their task. The WFCP thanks them for their time and commitment.
The finalists in each category (listed ALPHABETICALLY):
Access to Learning and Employment:
- Chisholm Institute, Australia
- ETHAZI Learning & High-Performance model, Tknika, Spain
- Hangzhou Vocational & Technical College (HVTC), China
Applied Research and Innovation:
- College La Cité, Canada
- Jiangsu Agri-animal Husbandry Vocational College (JAHVC), China
- Red River College, Canada
- Wuxi Institute of Technology (WXIT), China
- Changsha Social Work College (CSWC), China
- Dr. Hasmukh Lal, USP Pacific TAFE, Fiji
- María Pilar Diez Mintegui, Ikasenpresa, Tknika, Spain
Higher Technical Skills:
- Beijing College of Finance and Commerce (BCFC), China
- Electronics and Telecommunication department of CIFP DON BOSCO LHII, Spain
- Jiangsu Vocational Institute of Commerce (JVIC), China
- Qingdao Technical College (QTC), China
- Sheridan College – Centre for People and Organizational Development, Canada
- Wuhan Railway Vocational College of Technology (WRC), China
Partnership with Industry:
- Ningbo Polytechnic (NBPT), China
- Shenzhen Polytechnic (SZPT), China
- South Metropolitan TAFE, Australia
Student Support Services:
- Karen Harris, Learner Success Strategist, Lakeland College, Canada
- Dr Paul Phillips CBE, Principal and Chief Executive, Weston College, the UK
- Tourism College of Zhejiang (TCZJ), China
- Zhengzhou Railway Vocational and Technical College (ZRVTC), China
- Jiangxi Environmental Engineering Vocational College (JEEVC), China
- Kangan Institute, Australia
- Shaanxi Polytechnic Institute (SXPI), China
- Fábio Alexandrini, Instituto Federal Catarinense, Rio do Sul, Brazil
- Kenya Association of Technical Training Institutions (KATTI), Kenya
- Polo de Inovaçaão do IFSC, Brazil
The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) is a member-based international network of colleges, polytechnics, university colleges, institutions and individuals of professional and technical education and training. The Federation provides leadership in delivering workforce education for the global economy.