Request for nominations to the WFCP Board
The WFCP Board of Directors is accepting nominations for four vacant seats available on the Board. The seats will be filled through a vote of the members at the Annual General Meeting, to be held on May 16, 2019.
The WFCP Board of Directors is a working Board, charged with managing the Federation through the Federation’s bylaws. The Board meets monthly to:
- set and steer the goals of the Federation,
- manage the Federation’s budget and staff, and
- control and conduct the activities and affairs of the Federation.
In accordance with the Federation’s bylaws, previous Directors are eligible for one more term.
If you are interested in joining the WFCP Board, please fill in the attached form and return to the WFCP Secretariat along with a one-page biography and high-quality photo of the candidate.
The Directors will be elected from among the list of nominees put forth by the Federation’s institutional and association members, as per the Federation’s bylaws.
Please submit your nominations to the Secretariat at email@example.com no later than April 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Election process and next steps:
- A summary of all the nominations received will be sent to paid full members 21 days before the Annual General Meeting.
- Election will take place at the Annual General Meeting in May. The meeting will be held entirely online; if you are in Ottawa and would like to attend in person, please contact the Secretariat.
- If any appointments of officers (Chair, Deputy Chair, and Secretary/Treasurer) are necessary, the appointment will occur at the first Board meeting following the Annual General Meeting.
The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) is a member-based international network of colleges, polytechnics, university colleges, institutions and individuals of professional and technical education and training. The Federation provides leadership in delivering workforce education for the global economy.
– 30 –
For more information:
Director, WFCP Secretariat
1 Rideau Street, Suite 701
Ottawa, ON, K1N 8S7
Tel.: 1 613 746-2222 ext. 3141