Early bird registration is open for #CICan19
Early bird registration is now open for Colleges and Institutes Canada’s (CICan) annual conference. The conference will offer opportunities to network with colleagues, share best practices, and be inspired.
The 2019 conference theme is Inclusion: A Recipe for Success, which is particularly important to host institution, Niagara College, as it reflects the community’s longstanding history as a place of freedom and inclusion. For thousands of years, the Niagara area was a place of peace for First Nations to meet and trade. It was one of the key northern termini of the Underground Railroad, later giving rise to the Niagara Movement which evolved into the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). The region served as a symbol of peace between two nations following the War of 1812 and remains welcoming to immigrants from all over the world today.
The conference is organized into six streams with the cross-cutting topics of relevance to Indigenous Education and Applied Research and Innovation incorporated across the program. The streams are:
- Leading Success will present sessions related to leadership and governance of colleges and institutes. This includes the role of the CEO and Board in leading inclusion, as well as concepts such as leading cultural change and planning for sustainability.
- The Future Ready stream will present sessions related to the future of postsecondary education. Topics covered can range from preparing/retraining diverse learners for the jobs of the future, to innovations that will help institutions and students thrive in a global economy.
- In the Student Success stream, sessions will relate to providing positive student experiences via support services and engagement, and cover everything from making campus spaces inclusive for diverse learners to ensuring support is in place from application to career placement.
- Innovative Education will present sessions related to teaching and learning for inclusion. Various topics from integrating applied research into curriculum, to new approaches to technology and work-integrated learning will be covered.
- The Entrepreneurial Approaches stream will present sessions related to both building entrepreneurial institutions and training future entrepreneurs, including endeavors in social innovation.
- Going Global will present sessions related to the full range of international activities undertaken by colleges and institutes, from international student recruitment to contract training for development.
Early bird pricing for #CICan19 ends March 15. The CICan annual conference will take place at Niagara College, in Ontario, Canada from May 5-7, 2019.
To learn more and register, click here.