Announcing: Finalists for the 2018 Awards of Excellence
After evaluation and deliberation by the international Awards Committee, the World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) is pleased to announce the 2018 finalists for the Awards of Excellence. This year’s awards was met with great interest; with 82 nominations received, the Awards Committee faced a challenging task – not just in volume – but in selecting from the best around the world. The 2018 submissions demonstrated the innovation, dedication, and spirit of the individuals and institutions in the professional and technical education and training sector.
Recipients will be announced at a ceremony to be held on October 9, 2018 in Melbourne, Australia during the 2018 World Congress. The recipients of the 2018 Awards will also be featured in the second volume of the WFCP publication, World’s Best Practice Guide in Professional and Technical Education and Training.
The WFCP Awards of Excellence are awarded in seven categories that correspond with the Federation’s affinity groups. Awards are recognized at three levels: Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
The finalists in each category (listed alphabetically):
Access to Learning and Employment
- Australia-Pacific Technical College – Australia
- Dr. Lee Lambert and Dr. Ricardo Castro Salazar, Pima County Community College – USA
- Northern College – Canada
- Qingdao Technical College – China
Applied Research and Innovation
- Mohawk College – Canada
- Niagara College – Canada
- Red River College – Canada
- Craig Elias, Bow Valley College – Canada
- Rizhao Polytechnic – China
- Taishan Polytechnic – China
- Box Hill Institute – Australia
- CIFP Usurbil LHII – Basque Country
- TAFE NSW – Australia
Higher Technical Skills
- Chengdu Aeronautic Polytechnic – China
- Wuhan Railway Vocational College of Technology – China
- Zhejiang Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering – China
- Anne Sado, George Brown College – Canada
- Centennial College – Canada
- Durham College – Canada
Student Support Services
- Holmesglen Institute – Australia
- Qingdao Vocational and Technical College of Hotel Management – China
- Wuhan Polytechnic – China
At the October 9th ceremony, finalists will learn if they have received Gold, Silver or Bronze in their respective categories and collect their Awards. The Awards trophy will be designed by a local Australian student.
The Chair of the WFCP and the Board of Directors will like to thank the international Awards Committee: Christine Robertson (Australia), Dr. Wilson Conciani (Brazil), Dr. Larry Rosia (Canada), and Yang Li (China). They were dedicated and worked tirelessly in their task. The WFCP thanks them for their time and commitment.
The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) is a member-based international network of colleges, polytechnics, university colleges, institutions and individuals of professional and technical education and training. The Federation provides leadership in delivering workforce education for the global economy.
– 30 –
For more information:
World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics
613-746-2222 ext. 3141