Call for Papers: 2nd KATTI Regional Conference
KENYA ASSOCIATION OF TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTITUTIONS (KATTI)
CALL FOR PAPERS
2ND KATTI REGIONAL CONFERENCE
23-28 AUGUST, MOMBASA, KENYA
The KATTI regional conference on Advancing Society through Science, Technology and Innovation will be held from 23rd to 28th August 2015 at the Sai Rock Beach Hotel, in Mombasa, Kenya.
“TVET AND INDUSTRY: ADVANCING SOCIETY THROUGH SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATIONS”
1. Mismatch between skills, training and industry needs
2. Apprenticeship in TVET
3. CBET: Way forward in TVET
4. Role of industry in curriculum development
5. Translating Science Technology & Innovation in providing practical solutions in society
6. Emerging trends in Education and Training
7. Crosscutting Themes
Target participants: The conference is targeting participants from the following sectors:
– Engineering, Manufacturing, Business and enterprise industries.
– Service, Hospitality and health, Food and Nutrition, Social and Community Development.
– Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) and ICT sectors.
– Research from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical Training Institutions and all other Training institutions
– TVET and Education stake holders.
All papers/abstracts accepted for the conference will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Papers that meet the reviewers’ approval after double blind reviews will be published in the 4th edition of Kenya Journal of TVET
National participants: Kshs 15,000
Participation Per day: Kshs 7,000
International Participants: US$ 200
Group rates (5 & above): 15% discount
Early Bird (By 30th June): 10% discount
All inclusive fees For National Participants: Kshs 55,000
(Discounts apply to both local and International participants)
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank Institutions
Account Name: Kenya Association of Technical
Branch: Moi Avenue Nairobi
A/C No. : 11090447746
Swift Code: KCBLKENX
– Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: 30th June, 2015
– Deadline for Submission of full papers: 1st August, 2015
– Deadline for Submission of Power Point presentations: 15th August, 2015
– Conference Dates: 23rd to 28th August, 2015
Please send your abstracts/papers to: