World Congress 2020
The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics organizes a world congress biennially. The international gathering attracts large numbers of experts and professionals in the field of professional and technical education and training from all continents.
The WFCP 2020 Congress will be held in Donostia-San Sebastián, the Basque Country (Spain) from October 11 – 16, 2020 under the theme VET Excellence – For All. Join with leaders of associations, colleges and polytechnics to celebrate excellence in professional and technical education and training!
Tknika, the Basque Centre of Research and Applied Innovation in Vocational Education and Training (VET) which is part of the Deputy Ministry of Vocational Education and Training of the Education Department of the Basque government, is host for Congress. Tknika has been widely recognized for its innovation and workforce development success.
The 2020 Congress will highlight the trends in professional and technical education and training (PTET) from across the world, and the Leadership Institute workshop and Young Leaders Retreat will feature again in the Congress program.
2020 is also a crucial date for the European Union. The WFCP community will join with members of the European VET community for the 2020 Congress. The Congress will promote areas of mutual interest, starting with discussing progress against the targets defined by European Commission for 2020-2030. Participants can engage in the strategy to support platforms of excellence in the VET building off the work of the European Commission as well as the 2021-2027 Erasmus+ program. Progress on the Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) for 2015-2030 will be examined. Priorities for VET from across the globe will be the centre of dialogue at the Congress.
Recipients of the Awards of Excellence will be invited to present their award-winning project or institution at the 2020 World Congress.
Find more details on the Congress website!
The previous World Congresses and the host organizations are:
- 2018 World Congress: Melbourne, Australia (Technical and Further Education (TAFE) Directors Australia)
- 2016 World Congress: Vitória, Brazil (Conselho Nacional das Instituições da Rede Federal de Educação Profissional, Científica e Tecnológica (Conif))
- 2014 World Congress: Beijing, China (China Education International Exchange Association (CEAIE))
- 2012 World Congress: Halifax, Canada (CICan)
- 2010 World Congress: Birmingham, UK (Association of Colleges (AoC))
- 2008 World Congress: New York City, USA (American Association of Community Colleges (AACC))
- 2005 World Congress: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 2002 World Congress: Melbourne, Australia (TAFE Directors Australia (TDA))
- 1999 World Congress: Québec, Canada (Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) [formerly Association of Canadian Community Colleges]