Emerging best practices to embed the SDGs in the TVET sector to build back better
August 27, 2020
It is more important now than ever to develop the knowledge, skills, and competencies to meet the professional and societal challenges to build back better. The United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) serve as a useful framework to address these challenges. While issues are interrelated, solutions to issues around the world are also interlinked. There are valuable opportunities to learn how we can help accelerate the progress towards achieving the 17 UN SDGs as a sector.
Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) hosts the webinar. Our panelists from Canada, Kenya, and Senegal share emerging best practices of how to integrate the UN SDGs in the TVET sector.
- Denise Amyot – President/CEO, Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
- Judi Varga‑Toth – Manager, ImpAct Partnership Services, Colleges and Institutes Canada
- O’Connor – Sustainability Consultant, Canada
- Mouhamed Fadel Niang – Director, Higher Institute for Vocational Training (ISEP); National Coordinator, Réseau des Instituts supérieurs d’Enseignement professionnel (RISEP) Network, Senegal
- Lydia Wandiri – Trainer, Nairobi Technical Training Institute, Kenya
- Glory Kambanja Mutungi – Chief Principal, Nairobi Technical Training Institute; National Chairperson, The Kenya Association of Technical Training Institutions (KATTI)