The Commonwealth Association of Technical Universities and Polytechnics in Africa (CAPA) is soliciting papers for its international conference to be held in Cape Town, South Africa from April 24-28, 2017. The conference theme is Issues and Strategies for Achieving Accelerated Industrialisation in Africa: The Role of TVET, with the following sub-themes:
- Innovative Policies for the Indigenisation of Capital Goods Industry in Africa
- Leveraging Policies, Appropriate Technology, ICT and Innovation for the Upgrading of SMEs and the Informal Sector towards Job Creation and Youth Employment
- Enhancing Skills Development through Competency-Based Education and Training and harmonised National Qualifications Framework
- Models of Skills Development Strategies for Accelerated Industrialisation in African Countries
- Strengthening National Innovation Systems through Effective Collaboration between Industry, Educational/Research Institutions and Government
- Approaches to International Cooperation on Skills Development and improving Employability of TVET graduates
- Inventions, Innovations and Future Skills for Accelerated Industrial Development in Africa
- Achieving Self-reliance and Sustainability in some key Industrial Sectors: Agro-allied, Energy, Metals and Solid Minerals, Construction and Infrastructure
- Greening Africa’s Industrialisation for Sustainable Development
- Improving Leadership and Management of TVET Institutions towards achieving National and Regional Development Goals in Africa
- Mainstreaming and Funding TVET for improved Access and Impact on Economic Growth and Development in African countries
- Promoting Gender Equity in TVET for Women Empowerment and Socio-economic Development in African economies
Papers on the conference themes are invited; and the abstracts, maximum 250 words, should be submitted to the CAPA Secretariat not later than April 3, 2017. To be accepted for presentation, abstracts should briefly pinpoint the technological/development issues or challenges; and be specific on findings / observations as well as recommendations on innovative policies, projects, designs or processes in relation to the issue(s). Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed by April 10, 2017 and the completed power-point and full-length papers, written in accordance with CAPA’s Instruction to Authors, will be due by April 17, 2017.
See more in the attached.