The European Commission has published two calls for proposals providing EU funding opportunities that may be of interest.
1) Mobility of apprentices (long duration)
- In the context of a Pilot Project on long-term mobility for apprentices, supported by the European Parliament, on 25 January the Commission has published a call for proposals (VP/2017/007). This action builds upon a first call for proposals of similar nature launched in 2016 (VP/2016/010).
- Please find the link to the call here: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=629&langId=en&callId=504&furtherCalls=yes
- The Pilot Project’s overall aim is to test the viability of setting up “A European framework for (long-term) mobility of apprentices“, enabling young apprentices to develop their skills and enhance employability, while strengthening their sense of European citizenship.
- An Information Session will take place on 22 February. More info is available on the page of the call.
- The deadline for applications is 29 March 2017.
- Three main objectives will guide the actions financed under this call for proposals:
- assess to what extent demand exists among relevant stakeholders for developing long-term (6 to 12 months) transnational apprentice mobility schemes, and the uptake of such schemes;
- identify obstacles (legal, practical, institutional, academic, etc.) that prevent apprentices from carrying out longer-term stays abroad;
identify and disseminate good practices and success factors for long-term work placements for apprentices.
2) Erasmus+ Call for Sector Skills Alliances (including a new activity on “Sectoral Blueprint”)
- Please find the link to the call here:
- You may also want to visit the webpage that contains specific information on the Blueprint initiative: http://europa.eu/!gc96YU
- On the webpage you will also find a brochure for the overall Blueprint initiative, so not specifically for the SSA although you will find a reference under funding.
- An Information Session is expected to take place on 16 February. More info is available on the page of the call.
- The deadline for applications is 2 May 2017.
- The call is organised into three lots:
Lot 1 – Sector Skills Alliances for skills needs identification, aimed at identifying and providing detailed evidence on skills needs, and gaps in a given specific economic sector.
Lot 2 – Sector Skills Alliances for design and delivery of VET, aimed at responding to identified skills gaps and needs in a specific economic sector, by developing curricula, as well as teaching and training delivery methodologies.
Lot 3 – Sector Skills Alliances for implementing a new strategic approach (“Blueprint”) to sectoral cooperation on skills will support the implementation of the “Blueprint for Sectoral Cooperation on Skills” by developing a fully-fledged sectoral skills strategy, leading to systemic and structural impact on reducing skills shortages, gaps and mismatches, as well as ensuring appropriate quality and levels of skills to support growth, innovation and competitiveness in the sector.