The World Federation Board resolved to adopt its constitution at the Special General Meeting held on Tuesday, 14 December 2004.
The values of WFCP are identified in its Constitution as follows:
- To support policies that promote lifelong learning and that recognise the diversity of lifelong learners
- To support its members in developing their own unique approach to community and institutional development
- To support member organisations in addressing their individual missions and to respect the diversity of such missions
- To promote an understanding of the relationship between workforce skill development, economic development and social prosperity
- To promote the principle of equality and social inclusion in all aspects of lifelong learning, particularly with regard to race, gender, religion and ethnic background
- To promote and uphold in its own dealings, the highest levels of transparency, integrity and probity